Do I need a Native Vegetation Panel Application?

The Native Vegetation Panel has two pathways for applications to clear native vegetation:

  • Part 5A Division 6 of the Local Land Services Act 2013 (LLS Act) – for “Rural land of the State”
  • Part 4 of State Environmental Planning Policy (Vegetation in Non-Rural Areas) 2017 (Vegetation SEPP) – for “Non-Rural land of the State”

The easiest way to find out if you land is classified as rural or non-rural is to go to the Native Vegetation Regulatory Map Viewer. The map viewer will inform you if your land is subject to, or excluded from, the LLS Act.

To find out if what zone your land is, go to the NSW Planning Portal, and type in your address or property details.

Land that is outside of the Sydney metropolitan area and is zoned Rural, except for R5 Large Lot Residential and Environmental zones, is considered a rural area of the State. All other land is considered non-rural land. Clause 5 of the Vegetation SEPP and section 60A of the LLS Act defines what system your land is under.